The following links are all very useful for people that live, work and/or visit in Huncote.
- Essential Services
- Additional Ancillary Services
- Recycling and Household Waste
- Village Information
- Local Authority Pages
- East Midlands Ambulance Service
- Leicestershire Fire & Rescue Service
- Police - Leicestershire Constabulary (Fosse Villages beat)
- Police - Report a crime online
- Police - UK Crime Stats
Power, energy and water
- Gas Emergency
- Severn Trent Water
- Smart Meters - A guide from gov.uk about domestic smart meters
- Smart Meters - Information for Non-Domestic Smart Meters
- BT Fault Line
- Death & Bereavement Services
- Local Libraries
- Post Offices
- Registrar - for Births, Marriages and Deaths
- River and Sea Levels - A guide from gov.uk about local river and sea levels
Additional Ancillary Services
- Leicester Royal Infirmary (with A&E)
- Leicester General Hospital
- Glenfield Hospital
- Leicester Children's Hospital
- George Eliot Hospital, Nuneaton (with A&E)
- Hinckley & Bosworth Community Hospital
- Walsgrave Hospital (with A&E)
The new NHS 111 service is now available to everyone and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones - just dial 111.
You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it is not a life threatening situation - visit www.nhs.uk/111.
Walk-in centre, minor injuries unit, urgent care centre
- Enderby Medical Centre
Shortridge Lane, Enderby, Leicestershire LE19 4LY
Tel: 0116 286 6088
Fax: 0116 284 4938
Out of Hours: NHS 111
- Narborough Health Centre
Thornton Drive, Narborough, Leicestershire LE19 2GX
Tel: 0116 286 2386
Fax: 0116 286 7009
Out of Hours: NHS 111
- The Limes Medical Centre
65 Leicester Road, Narborough, Leicestershire LE19 2DU
Tel: 0116 286 4421
Out of Hours: NHS 111 / 0845 045 0397
- The Old School Surgery
Hinckley Road, Stoney Stanton, Leicestershire LE9 4LJ
Appointments: 01455 271 442
Fax: 01455 274 526
Enquiries: 01455 271 445
Out of Hours: NHS 111 from 6.30pm, Weekends & Bank Holidays
- The Orchard Medical Practice
Orchard Road, Broughton Astley, Leicestershire LE9 6RG
Tel: 01455 282 599
Fax: 01455 286 772
Out of Hours: NHS 111 / 0845 045 0411
- Samaritans - 116 123 from any phone
Samaritans provides confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide.
Whatever you're going through, whether it's big or small, don't bottle it up. We are here for you if you're worried about something, feel upset or confused, or just want to talk to someone.
Telephone: 08457 909090
- Tackling Loneliness in Leicestershire
The Loneliness Toolkit for Leicestershire comprises of an 8-page booklet, which provides lots of useful information to help people reduce feelings of loneliness. It also has information about local sources of support, as well as how to get involved in community groups, projects and activities. A shorter 2-page summary document has also been produced.
- Huncote Community Primary School - An Academy Trust
Denman Lane, Huncote, Leicestershire LE9 3BS
0116 286 4105
- Brockington College
Blaby Road, Leicester, Enderby, Leicestershire LE19 4AQ
0116 286 3722
- Lutterworth College
Bitteswell Road, Lutterworth, Leicestershire LE17 4EW
01455 554 101
For information on inspections for schools, colleges, nurseries and childminding services.
- Arriva (Midlands)
- Birmingham Airport
- Choose How You Move
Community Transport in Blaby District (PDF, 4.2 Mb)
Details of community transport schemes within Blaby district.
Could you become a volunteer driver? (PDF, 3.9 Mb)
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer driver for one of the community transport schemes within Blaby district? Have a look at this leaflet for more information.
- East Midlands Airport
- Highways Agency
- Leicestershire Bus Information
- National Express coaches
- National Rail
- Stagecoach (Midlands)
- Travel Line East Midlands
Recycling and Household Waste
- General waste and recycling information
- Garden Waste
- Household Waste Collection
- Household Waste and Recycling Sites
- Report fly-tipping
- Sharps collection
- Waste disposal charges
- Arts & Entertainment Venues
Links to a variety of different venues throughout the local area which may be of interest to local people looking for something to do.
- Blaby Homes
Applying for Social Housing.
- Census details for Huncote
Census details are available from Leicestershire Libraries.
- Community Directory
Details of local groups and businesses, which may be of interest to local people.
- EMH Homes
Locally managed, homes for rent and shared ownership in and around the East Midlands.
- Flag Flying Protocol
Protocol for flying British flags.
- Huncote Community Library
Local Authority Pages
Parish Councils in Blaby District
- Aston Flamville Parish Meeting
- Blaby Parish Council - Facebook - Twitter
- Braunstone Town Council - Facebook - Twitter
- Cosby Parish Council - Facebook - Twitter
- Countesthorpe Parish Council - Facebook
- Croft Parish Council - Facebook - Twitter
- Elmesthorpe Parish Council
- Enderby Parish Council - Facebook - Twitter
- Glenfield Parish Council - Facebook - Twitter
- Glen Parva Parish Council - Facebook - Twitter
- Leicester Forest East Parish Council - Facebook
- Leicester Forest West Parish Meeting
- Lubbesthorpe Parish Meeting - Facebook
- Kilby Parish Council
- Kirby Muxloe Parish Council
- Narborough Parish Council - Facebook
- Potters Marston Parish Meeting
- Sapcote Parish Council - Facebook
- Sharnford Parish Council - Facebook
- Stoney Stanton Parish Council - Facebook - Twitter
- Thurlaston Parish Council
- Whetstone Parish Council - Twitter
- Wigston Parva Parish Meeting
- Map of parishes in Blaby District
Click on this link for a map of the parishes of Blaby District.