Huncote Environment Awards 2019
We hope that you are sufficiently interested in your local community to enter a nomination or two for this year's awards.
Categories for inclusion in the Awards are:
- Community Award
- Best Kept Front Garden
- Environment Award
Environmental developments of any type or size carried out in the parish in the last 12 months are eligible for consideration by the judges. The winner will receive a cup, which they will have for the year and a £25 gift voucher and the runner-up will get a £10 gift voucher.
May we suggest you spend a few minutes looking around your immediate neighbourhood and then if you can spare the time, extend your search to the rest of the village? You can, of course, nominate yourself if you have a good reason (or get a friend to do so).
We are not expecting to find major environmental achievements but there are many ways, either by accident or design, that ordinary folk like us can enhance the local environment and improve the quality of life for those around us.
We list below SOME, but by no means all, of the individual or group efforts which could qualify for inclusion:
- 'Jungle' garden or allotment restored to productive use;
- An environmental project by an individual or organisation
- Improvements in the street scene e.g. display of hanging baskets (not Parish Council), house or garage extensions;
- The establishment of a wildflower garden;
- Garden pond for aquatic wildlife;
- Any development to benefit elderly people, or the disabled;
- Installation of solar panels or other means of energy-saving;
- Any permanent improvements by the local working quarries.
The competition will be judged by a panel and the Environment Cup and other awards will be presented at the Community Association Community Day at the Community Centre on Saturday, 23rd November 2019 at which all residents of, and visitors to, Huncote are most welcome. Please leave a message on our Facebook Page, send us a tweet, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Huncote Parish Council, c/o 3 Mountfield Road, Earl Shilton, Leicestershire, LE9 7LW, not later than TUESDAY 5th NOVEMBER 2019, telling us who you nominate, their address, and why.
Posted: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 12:37 by Clerk to the Council