Find out more about proposals for hospitals and maternity services in Leicester
Better Care Together Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, a partnership which aims to improve local healthcare services, is inviting people to a series of public events over the next month to find out more about proposals for hospitals and maternity services in Leicester.
People can also hear about other work underway to make care better for patients – including improvements to the healthcare that patients receive at home and in the local community.
You are welcome to attend the events. We would also appreciate it if you could share details of the events with your contacts. We have attached a graphic for you to promote the events on your social media channels.
The dates and venues for the events are:
- Monday 29 October, Loughborough Town Hall, Market Place, Loughborough, LE11 3EB
- Tuesday 30 October, Peepul Centre, Orchardson Avenue, Leicester, LE4 6DP
- Thursday 1 November, Civic Centre, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, LE13 1GH
- Wednesday 7 November, Lyric Rooms, Lower Church Street, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, LE65 1AB
- Wednesday 14 November, Eyres Monsell Club and Institute, Littlejohn Road, Leicester, LE2 9BL (Drop-in)
- Thursday 15 November, The Three Swans Hotel, 21 High Street, Market Harborough, LE16 7NJ
- Monday 19 November, Rutland County Council, Catmose Street, Oakham, LE15 6HP
- Monday 26 November, Sketchley Grange Hotel, Sketchley Lane, Burbage, Hinckley, LE10 3HY
All the events will take place between 5pm and 7.45pm with the exception of Eyres Monsell which will be held 5pm and 6.30pm.
People can drop-in for an informal conversation about NHS services that matter most to them between 5pm and 6pm, or attend the formal presentations and question and answer session commencing at 6pm. You can also attend for the entire event. The Eyres Monsell will be just for drop-in and informal conversation.
Further information about the events is available by visiting bettercareleicester.nhs.uk
More about the plans:
The proposals involve reconfiguring the three hospitals currently run by University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust. Those hospitals are the Leicester Royal Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital and Leicester General Hospital.
Under the proposals, acute services (where patients receive short-term treatment for an urgent medical condition or during recovery from surgery) would be moved to Leicester Royal Infirmary and Glenfield Hospital. Some non-acute health services would continue to be provided at Leicester General Hospital, including the Leicester Diabetes Centre of Excellence, GP Access Imaging Hub and Stroke Rehabilitation.
Those plans include building a brand new single site maternity hospital at Leicester Royal Infirmary along with a dedicated children's hospital. There are also plans to create a new treatment centre dedicated to planned surgery at Glenfield Hospital. This will mean that fewer operations are cancelled and more wards can be built to treat the increase in patients being seen with heart, chest and lung problems.
Posted: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 15:03 by Clerk to the Council