The cemetery at Huncote is on Forest Road and was opened in 1897.
For anyone wishing to visit the cemetery, parking is available a short walk away (100 yards) at The Pavilion, on Sportsfield Lane or kerbside on Forest Road.
Information for Huncote Cemetery
Anyone wishing to purchase a burial plot in Huncote cemetery as either an ashes plot in the Garden of Remembrance or a full size burial plot in the main cemetery should review the documentation below and contact the Clerk, who will discuss your needs with you.
- Search in Register of Graves, Burials or Exclusive Rights
- Should anyone wish to review cemetery records to determine their ancestry, an appointment can be arranged with the Clerk at a mutually agreeable time. A small fee will be charged for this service.
- Gov.uk - Death and bereavement (external link)
Information on what to do when someone dies, how to register a death and a variety of other information you may find useful when a friend, relative or loved one passes away is available from the gov.uk website.
- Gov.uk - Support for child funeral costs (Children’s Funeral Fund for England)
The Children’s Funeral Fund for England can help to pay for some of the costs of a funeral for a child under 18 or a baby stillborn after the 24th week of pregnancy.
- Gov.uk - What to do after someone dies (external link)
Guidance on what to do after someone dies.
- Information for the Bereaved: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Information to help bereaved families, friends or next of kin make important decisions.
Coronavirus bereavement support leaflet (PDF, 269 Kb)
A leaflet which has been produced to provide support and information for those who have been bereaved through the Coronavirus.
- Register a Death (external link)
You must register a death with the County Registrar within 5 days, or 42 days for a stillbirth.
- Dying Matters - Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland
Raising awareness of dying, death and bereavement and providing support to those who need it.