A Brief History of the Alehouses of Huncote

In 1752 there were two public houses in Huncote. The names are not known but it is possible that one of them was called the Birch Tree. This one subsequently changed its name to the Red Lion. The other was listed from 1752 to 1781, although it may have existed well before 1752. There is no mention of it after 1781 and from then on there was just the one public house. There were however two beerhouses, one of which later became the Barley Sheaf.

Modern day Huncote has The Red Lion as the only Public House within the parish, although there is an alcohol licence at Huncote Pavilion, for drinks in the cafe on the first floor.

The Innkeepers of Huncote