Huncote Parish Council

Serving the people of Huncote

Clerk: Stuart Bacon
Huncote Parish Council, c/o 3
Mountfield Road, Earl Shilton
Leicestershire LE9 7LW

Huncote Parish Council provides your local services. We strive to make Huncote parish a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Please use the search bar or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.

Latest News

Council supporting Holocaust Memorial Day

Council supporting Holocaust Memorial Day

Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) 2020 marks 75 years since the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau.

Don't be content in your life just to do no wrong, be prepared every day to try and do some good.

- Sir Nicholas Winton, who rescued 669 children from Nazi-occupied Europe

HMD 2020 also marks the 25th anniversary of the Genocide in Bosnia - read more about this here.

Holocaust Memorial Day Trust (HMDT) encourages remembrance in a world scarred by genocide. We promote and support Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) – the international day on 27 January to remember the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust, alongside the millions of other people killed under Nazi Persecution and in subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur. More »

27 January marks the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest Nazi death camp.

The Holocaust threatened the fabric of civilisation, and genocide must still be resisted every day. Our world often feels fragile and vulnerable and we cannot be complacent. Even in the UK, prejudice and the language of hatred must be challenged by us all.

HMD is for everyone. Each year across the UK, thousands of people come together to learn more about the past and take action to create a safer future. We know they learn more, empathise more and do more.

Together we bear witness for those who endured genocide, and honour the survivors and all those whose lives were changed beyond recognition.

Read more about the work of Holocaust Memorial Day Trust here. » Less

Posted: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 07:30 by Clerk to the Council

Recruitment event for Council vacancies

Recruitment event for Council vacancies

A recruitment evening at Blaby District Council is being held for anyone interested in joining the Local Authority.

16 vacancies are being advertised at the Council across various departments throughout the week, from Grounds Maintenance Operatives out and about in the district to Admin Team Leader for the award-winning Lightbulb programme.

The Recruitment Events take place on Monday 27 January and Thursday 30 January between 5:30-7:30pm. Each evening is an opportunity for those interested in any of the vacancies the chance to speak with a Service Manager to find out about the job role. More »

External funding has enabled Blaby District Council to open the positions for new projects to be undertaken. Following successful funding for the Ice House, a Project Officer (part-time) is required to coordinate the restoration and community dig.

A Tourism & Heritage Officer is also being recruited to support the Council's ambitious tourism growth plans, whilst an Envirocrime Officer is sought to help ensure key issues for residents, such as fly-tipping, dog fouling and littering, continue to be tackled.

Councillor Maggie Wright, Deputy Leader and Finance & Assets Portfolio Holder, said: "This is an unprecedented number of vacancies for the Council to advertise at once which, once filled, will enable us to continue the great work we already do across the district. This is a great opportunity to bolster our vital services and help launch exciting new projects that will benefit local communities.

"Blaby District Council is a great place to work, no matter what role you're in and we're look forward to welcoming all candidates on the recruitment evenings to give a better understanding of the roles and what it's like to work in the district."

The recruitment event is by appointment only and anyone interested is encouraged to sign up quickly by emailing or calling 0116 275 7502. » Less

Posted: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 11:57 by Clerk to the Council

Community Safety Partnership Strategy Consultation

Community Safety Partnership Strategy Consultation

The Blaby, Hinckley & Bosworth Community Safety Partnership is a range of agencies who work together to make Blaby, Hinckley and Bosworth a safer place to live, work and visit. The Community Safety Partnership is consulting with residents via a questionnaire to find out what residents think are the most important crimes and antisocial behaviour for them to tackle.

Resident's views, alongside actual crime and disorder data, will help to determine priorities for the partnership for the next year. The results of this survey will also be used to inform the Crime and Community Safety Priorities for the area for the next three years, 2020-2023. More »

Councillor Les Phillimore, Joint Chair of the Blaby and Hinckley and Bosworth Community Safety Partnership said "To ensure that we are addressing the issues of most concern in our area, we are keen to hear from our residents and businesses about what matters to them. The more we know, the better we can allocate and target our plans and resources so I would encourage everyone to complete the survey"

Residents can get involved by completing the survey on line at ; or by requesting a paper copy.

The consultation goes live from 6th January 2020 and closes on February 3rd 2020.

Paper copies will be available from the council offices or can be requested from Community Services on 0116 2727725. » Less

Posted: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 17:18 by Clerk to the Council