Huncote Parish Council provides your local services. We strive to make Huncote parish a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Please use the search bar or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
There are currently three vacancies for Parish Councillors.
More details about what the Parish Council does are available in the 'About The Council' section of our website.
Do you care about where you live? Do you want to make a difference to Huncote?
How to Apply
If you would like to become a Parish Councillor for Huncote, please write to/email the Clerk and give a brief précis of your experience, reasons for wanting to be considered and any special areas of interests you may have.
You must be at least 18 years of age on the day you are nominated, a British citizen, a qualifying citizen of a Commonwealth country, a citizen of the Irish Republic, or a citizen of another member state of the European Union.
One of the following criteria must also be fulfilled. You must:
- Be on the electoral register
- Own a property or land for last 12 months in the parish
- Work in the parish in the last 12 months
- Have lived in the parish or within 4.8 kilometres for the last 12 months
For any further information on the work involved or to apply please contact an existing parish councillor or the Parish Clerk on the details at the top of the page.
Mission Statement, Aims and Objectives
2015 - 2019
- To create a better place for Huncote's parishioners to live and work, by representing and promoting the interests and well being of the Parish and its parishioners..
- To enhance the community of Huncote by making it a more attractive, desirable and welcoming environment.
- To facilitate the provision of rights of way, parks and open spaces that are clean, tidy and free from litter, graffiti and vandalism.
- To help create a safer place to live, work and visit by assisting in the reduction of crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.
- To maintain effective communication with the people of Huncote.
- To raise the profile of the Parish Council so that it communicates well with all groups in the Parish and contributes to and leads in uniting the Parish.
- To give good value for the money with which we are entrusted.
- To manage the Parish Council's assets and finances effectively and efficiently to achieve best value
- To manage cost effective amenities of a high standard in order to meet the needs and wishes of the community.
- To seek the provision of adequate leisure and recreational opportunities that meet local requirements.
- To create and preserve open spaces for the enjoyment of all.
- To promote equal opportunities for all in Huncote.
- To promote the provision of adequate health care and transport services that meet the requirements of and are accessible to all Huncote residents.
- To evolve and continually make necessary changes.
- To help create a socially inclusive and caring community which embraces all residents, irrespective of age, gender, culture, income, race or religion and will seek to develop mutual cooperation.
- To provide a democratic representational voice for the Parish and to give residents the opportunity to influence their future.
Information on how to protect your home and possessions from burglars.
Tue, 25 Oct 2016 15:40 by Stuart Bacon
Food and drink businesses across Leicester and Leicestershire are invited to meet industry leaders at a free event in Melton this month.
The Food and Drink Business Growth Expo takes place from 4-7pm on 25 October at Brooksby Melton College's Melton town campus (Asfordby Road, LE13 0HJ).
Budding and existing business entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to attend advice seminars, speak to experts from across the sector and network. The seminars will address specific industry issues and provide help and guidance on growing your business to maximise profits and brand recognition. More »
Exhibitors from a range of business support organisations, including the Federation of Small Businesses and the Leicestershire Food Forum, will be available to talk to on the day.
The event is supported by the county council, Leicester City Council, Melton Borough Council, the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) and the East Midlands Chamber.
Wed, 12 Oct 2016 17:13 by Stuart Bacon
Business owners and entrepreneurs are invited to tap into Leicestershire's tourism trade.
A free session to help businesses grow and develop is being held from 4.30-6.30pm on Monday, 31st October, at Melton Borough Council's offices in Burton Street.
It has been organised by East Leicestershire LEADER programme, which launched last year to support rural business and tourism across Melton and Harborough, plus parts of Charnwood and Blaby. More »
Businesses are invited to the free event to find out more about the practicalities of setting up and running a tourism business.
A range of professionals from the industry will be able to answer questions on marketing, planning permission, environmental health and more.
This event is taking place part of the Leicester Business Festival. Returning for a second year, the festival, organised by the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership, will comprise of over 120 events over the two weeks from 24 October – 4 November 2016.
Limited spaces are available. Tickets can be booked online at the Leicester Business Festival website www.leicesterbusinessfestival.com
For more information please visit http://www.oakleaves.org.uk/east-leicestershire-leader.html or contact Charlotte Long on 0116 305 firstname.lastname@example.org » Less
Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:12 by Stuart Bacon